MANE EVENT at ANDOVER EQUESTRIAN CENTER- Horseback Riding and Care, Therapeutic Riding, Training, Boarding, Camps and more
Mane Event serves horse riders of all ages, ability and skill level. The Center hosts community and regional club events for 4-H and Potomac Valley Dressage Association. With a focus on special needs and therapeutic riding, Mane Event strives to provide equestrian access for all.
Mane Event is a charitable organization. We have opportunities for volunteers seeking rewarding equestrian or agricultural-based civic activities.
If you are interested in participating, please send an email message to RideOn@ManeEventRide.org.
Therapeutic Riding: Private and group lessons are taught by PATH International-certified instructors designed to teach recreational horseback riding skills to individuals with physical, social, cognitive and educational needs. Trained horse handlers and side-walkers are available to assist as needed.
Hippotherapy: Equine-facilitated therapy is available for riders with specific and prescribed therapy goals. Mounted sessions are conducted with a physician's prescription under the direction of a licensed physical, occupational or speech therapist, a certified therapeutic riding instructor and an appropriate number of volunteers performing the functions of horse leader and side-walkers. The horse's movement is used by the therapist to facilitate activity and normalize tone specific to the client's goals.
Equine Care and Management: Ground lessons covering a broad range of equine care and management topics including horse handling, basic equine first aid, common equine health issues and treatment, grooming tools and techniques, barn maintenance and proper feeding and nutrition.
Horsemanship – Beginner: Introduction to basic riding skills including balance, control and ring etiquette. Riders learn to properly mount/dismount, walk, trot and perform simple riding patterns. Lessons are taught by a qualified instructor and are available to adults and children five years of age and up.
Horsemanship – Intermediate: Expand on basic skills by learning to canter and work over cavaletti, ride outside the ring, and execute simple dressage maneuvers. Lessons are taught by a qualified instructor and are available to adults and children ten years old and over.
Horsemanship – Advanced: Lessons are tailored to individual rider’s goals. Jumping and dressage instruction are available. Lessons are taught by a qualified instructor and are available to adults and children fourteen and up.
Special Event Programming
- Seasonal Shows including shows for 4H and Potomac Valley Dressage Association
- Seasonal Events
- Seminars and Clinics
- Weddings, Parties and Picnics
Program Integration with the Community
Mane Event conducts outreach and strives to integrate and expand programs and services in conjunction with;
- Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks especially, the adjacent Andover Park, Andover Recreation Center and BWI Trail Park
- Anne Arundel County 4-H
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools in particular, the adjacent Lindale Middle School and North County High School
- Anne Arundel County Parents of Downs Syndrome
- University of Maryland, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Maryland Agricultural Experiment Station
- Maryland Cooperative Extension
- Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital
- Pasadena Horse and Pony Club
- Anne Arundel County Commission on Disability Issues
- Boy and Girl Scouts
- Church Groups
- the surrounding Linthicum community
Programs and services are coordinated with other associated Anne Arundel County-leased agricultural facilities such as the;
- Raise the level of public awareness of Anne Arundel County’s equestrian/equine traditions
- Raise the level of public awareness of the positive impact of horses on the quality of life in Anne Arundel County
- To provide support as a resource for Anne Arundel County horse owners, and
- To foster a standard of care for Anne Arundel County horses.
Boarding Program and Facilities
- 19 crib-proof stalls within two barns
- 9 pastures on +/- 25 acres
- 2 arenas, 1 Illuminated
- 1 pond
- access to an additional +/- 75 acres of riding
- short trailer access to 160+ acres of trails within Patapsco State Park
- ample, ADA accessible parking
- clean, ADA accessible restrooms
- picnic area
- access to MTA Light Rail
- No wire fencing
Board with exercise includes grooming, exercise rides and lunging in addition to the services included in basic boarding. Additional fees apply to these services.
Board with training includes the services of basic board plus training rides.
Everyday is a good day to ride. Click here for current conditions and forecast,
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY FOR RIDING LESSONS
Mane Event will cancel lessons when the following conditions exist or are forecast for lesson time 6 to 8 hours before lessons are scheduled to occur:
• the temperature or wind chill is below 32-degrees
• if the arena surface is frozen or excessively wet and deemed unsafe by Mane Event Program Director
• winds exceed 25 mph
• tornado warnings, severe rain, hail, heavy snow or thunderstorms
• driving conditions are considered hazardous
Please check with your instructor for confirmation.
1. Notice of blanket lesson cancellations due to inclement weather shall be made by the Mane Event Program Director only and shall be posted at ManeEventAtAndover@groups.facebook.com. The Program Director shall also notify instructors of cancelled lessons.
2. If cancellations are made by the Program Director, the Mane Event instructor shall contact riders as soon as practical.
3. Instructors shall contact the Mane Event Program Director immediately if either they or the rider cancel lessons without explicit instruction from the Program Director. Lessons cancelled by Mane Event shall not incur a charge to the rider.
4. Cancellations by the rider due to weather conditions with less than the required notice shall be considered for credit by the Program Director.
5. If riders or instructors are in doubt as to whether lessons will occur, they should call the Mane Event office at (443) 457-0232.
Please Contact us for More information
PHYSICAL LOCATION and MAIL ADDRESS (including vendors)
Mane Event Equestrian Programs, Incorporated
at Andover Equestrian Center
433 Andover Road
Linthicum Heights, Maryland 21090
PHONE - EMAIL - WEB
© Copyright Mane Event 2011-2014